Club Membership Site
Meet Schedule & Results
Nebraska Junior Olympics
National Junior Olympics
Coaches & Volunteers
Flyer Family News
Alex Gochenour, Emily Sisson,
Rebekah Topham, Haley Miller
Hall Of Fame
E-mail the Flyers
Welcome to the home page of the
CORNHUSKER FLYERS TRACK CLUB
The Cornhusker Flyers are a USA Track & Field
Nebraska Association member youth club,
offering an opportunity for boys and girls ages 18 and younger in the
Omaha metropolitan area to participate in the sports of track & field
and cross country. Our track & field season runs from April
to July and our cross country
season runs from September to December. To learn more about the Flyers track program, see our
Club Information page.
(coaches/volunteers listed are unable to attend)
All July practices at Millard North High School, 144th & Pacific, starting at 7:30 p.m.
|Wednesday, July 11
||Thursday, July 12
||Monday, July 16
||Wednesday, July 18
||Thursday, July 19
|Coach Lisa Charles
||Coach Lisa Charles
26 Flyers competed in 55 events at the
Region 8 Junior Olympic Championships
at Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa from Thursday, July 5 to Sunday, July 8.
Flyer athletes won 31 medals, including 6 bronze, 9 silver, and 5 gold!
Regional champions were:
here. Complete results
• Taryn Askvig, 11-12 Girls high jump, 4' 9"
• Elle Heckenlively, 11-12 Girls shot put, 35' 6½"
• Katharine Beachler, 11-12 Girls aero-javelin throw, 100' 1"
• Andrew Hawkins, 9-10 Boys 800 meter run, 2:34.18
• Jack Chambers, 9-10 Boys shot put, 26' 2¾"
4 Flyers competed in 12 events at the
National Youth Outdoor Championships
at The College At Brockport in Brockport, New York from Tuesday, June 26 to Sunday, July 1.
Flyer athletes won 9 medals, including 2 bronze, 1 silver, and 3 gold!
National Youth medalists were:
here. Complete results
• Tyler Wilson, 15-16 Boys shot put, 39' 10", 5th|
• Tyler Wilson, 15-16 Boys discus throw, 107' 11", 7th
• Tyler Wilson, 15-16 Boys javelin throw, 119' 5", 3rd
• Eliana Akough, 15-16 Girls shot put, 39' 5¾", 1st
• Eliana Akough, 15-16 Girls hammer throw, 124' 1", 4th
• Ben Alvarado, 13-14 Boys shot put, 38' 6¼", 3rd|
• Katharine Beachler, 11-12 Girls shot put, 33' 7¼", 2nd
• Katharine Beachler, 11-12 Girls discus throw, 80' 11", 1st
• Katharine Beachler, 11-12 Girls aero-javelin throw, 94' 9", 1st
62 Flyers competed in 169 events at the
Nebraska Junior Olympic Championships
at Bryan High School in Omaha on Saturday, June 16 and Sunday, June 17.
Flyer athletes won 71 medals, including 13 bronze, 16 silver, and 9 gold.
Nebraska JO champions were:
here. Thank you to all the parents, athletes, and coaches for volunteering to work at the meet!
• Maryah Godwin, 17-18 Girls 100 meter hurdles
• Mildred Young, 17-18 Girls shot put
• Jordan McDonald, 17-18 Girls discus throw
• Eliana Akough, 15-16 Girls shot put
• Eliana Akough, 15-16 Girls hammer throw
• Ava Akough, 13-14 Girls shot put
• Elle Heckenlively, 11-12 Girls shot put
• Katharine Beachler, 11-12 Girls discus throw
• Elle Heckenlively, 11-12 Girls aero-javelin throw
Cornhusker Flyers apparel is now available for purchase! Go to our Flyer Store page for more information.
National Youth Ranking System
to see how your
2018 season best marks
32 former Flyers
are competing in track & field, cross country, and other sports at colleges and
universities across the country. (If any names are missing,
let us know.)
Flyers: To sign up for a meet, go
Brian Zimmerman before the entry due date/time shown.
|Saturday, July 21, 7:30 a.m. -
Cornhusker State Games @
Lincoln High School,
Lincoln (enter on your own by Sunday, July 15)
|Monday, July 23 to Sunday, July 29 -
USATF National Junior Olympic Track & Field Championships @
North Carolina A&T State University,
Greensboro, North Carolina (entries due Monday, July 16, 11:59 p.m.)
|Saturday, December 8 -
USATF National Junior Olympic Cross Country Championships @
Rancho San Rafael Regional Park,
Reno, Nevada (entries due Wednesday, November 28, 11:59 p.m.)
|Tuesday, June 25 to Sunday, June 30, 2019 -
USATF National Youth Outdoor Track & Field Championships @
Durham County Memorial Stadium,
Durham, North Carolina
Look in our Calendar
page for dates, times, and sites of upcoming Flyer practices, meets, and other special
events. When possible, any postponement or cancellation information will
appear on our home page as it becomes available.
The Cornhusker Flyers have their own Smartphone App! It'll keep you up-to-date with your favorite team's news, events, results, and much more.
To get the full features of your team's App, you need to download Team App onto your smartphone. Download Team App here (http://teamapp.com/app).
Its 100% FREE! Launch Team App and search for Cornhusker Flyers. Then:
1. Sign-up to Team App. You'll be sent an e-mail to confirm your registration.
2. Search for your club's App and request access to group(s) that apply to you.
If you don't have a smartphone, go to https://cornhuskerflyersxc.teamapp.com. Questions? Contact Flyers coach
14 Flyers competed in 27 events at the USATF National Junior Olympic Championships
at the University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kansas from Monday, July 24 to Sunday, July 30.
Many events had 40 or 50 or sometimes 60 kids compete, so just finishing in the top 20 is an accomplishment.
Our top 20 finishers:
• Sophia Scott, 9-10 Girls mini-javelin throw, 86’ 9”, 4th place
• Ava Akough, 11-12 Girls shot put, 32’ 1”, 13th
• Eliana Akough, 15-16 Girls discus throw, 115’ 7”, 15th
• Kennedy Gochenour, 17-18 Girls javelin throw, 113’ 5”, 16th
• Tyler Wilson, 13-14 Boys discus throw, 137’ 10”, 17th
• Jackline Paul, 13-14 Girls triple jump, 33’ 6”, 19th
• Ian Klimowicz, 13-14 Boys triple jump, 37’ 5¼”, 20th
Congratulations to all the competitors for getting this far! Complete Flyer results here.
8 Flyer kids competed in 12 events at the 2017
Nebraska state high school track meets, winning a total of 7 medals!
Two Flyer athletes are in a
USA Track & Field promotional video:
Alexandria Gochenour (at 1:17, 2:30, and 4:37) and McKayla Roberts (2:20).
See where kids can eat free (or almost free) in the Omaha metropolitan area.
Attention: ex-Flyer athletes and coaches! Our
Flyer Family News page features
an Alumni Profiles section.
Let your old Flyer friends know what you're up to by sending in news about yourself.
look both ways
before crossing the long jump runway.
Beat the winter blahs here.
If you have any questions, suggestions, or comments concerning the Flyers or the web-site,
please send us an
e-mail. Thanks for visiting!